Crown Park Golf Club resides away from the bright lights and fast times of Myrtle Beach, and therein lies a significant part the course’s charm.
While it doesn’t attract the attention of the Myrtle Beach golf courses ranked among America’s top 100 public layouts, it’s a course that can be easily added to your itinerary, and immediately enhance any Myrtle Beach golf trip.
1. It’s just you and the golf course. There are no houses, condos or any other man-made distractions at Crown Park. The course offers a peaceful round and consistently good conditions, a winning combination.
2. Located just west of North Myrtle Beach, Crown Park is an easy drive, but it enjoys a particularly convenient location for a day of arrival or departure round.
3. Golf is a tough game, but Crown Park is an imminently fair test of golf, giving players a chance to score. The course’s slope rating of 121 from the white tees will provide everyone in your group a chance to post the best round of his or her trip. Part of that playability is a lack of arduous forced carries. While the course has water, there is typically bailout room (you will read about the exception below).
4. If Crown Park had a drawback in recent years, it was a tendency to hold water after a hard rain, but that is no more. Ownership has invested in improving drainage to great results. Crown Park is no more or less susceptible to heavy rain than any other Myrtle Beach golf course. Even better yet, the course will be working on the bunkers, including fresh sand throughout the course, in addition to continuing to improve the drainage this winter.
5. Last, but certainly not least, the layout at Crown Park is a very good one, highlighted by three outstanding finishing holes. The 16th, 17th and 18th play around a large lake, creating memorable visuals. The strong finishing kick is highlighted by the par 3 18th, which plays 145 yards, from the white tees, and requires a carry over the lake.
If you haven’t played Crown Park, it’s time to give it a try. Good times, good conditions and great value await. This is a course to add to your next Myrtle Beach golf trip.